Tel: 074 4096 9468
Request A Callback

Working In The UK

There are three different Tiers for those who want to work in the UK.

  1. Tier 1 – High-value migrants
  2. Tier 2 – Skilled workers
  3. Tier 5 – Temporary workers

To be successful in either of these Tier’s you must pass the points assessment which will vary. Once you have decided which Tier you would like to apply for, give us a call and we will advise you what you will need to do to comply with the eligibility criteria’s.

See our guideline below to help you choose the right Tier to apply for:

Tier 1 – High-value migrantsTier 1 is split into the following categories; Exceptional talent, entrepreneur, investor, general and graduate entrepreneur.

· Exception Talent – for those people who are internationally recognized as world leaders or potential world talent in the fields of science and art. UK government has limited numbers of applications that can be made under this category.

· Entrepreneur – for those who want to invest in the UK by setting up or taking over, and being actively involved in the running, of a business

· Investor – for high net worth individuals who want to make a substantial financial investment in the UK. This is mainly based on your ability to invest £1,000,000.00 in the UK.

· General – for highly skilled people to look for work or self-employment opportunities in the UK. This category is currently closed to applicants outside the UK

· Graduate Entrepreneur – for non-European MBA and other graduates to extend their stay after graduation to establish one or more business in the UK. It is also for overseas graduates who have been identified by UK Trade Investment (UKTI) and who intend on established one or more businesses in the UK.
Tier 2 – Skilled WorkersSplit into four categories; general, minister of religion, sportsperson, intra company transfer.

· General – foreign nations who have been offered a skilled job to fill a gap in the workforce that cannot be filled by a settled worker.

· Minister of religion – for those who have been offered employment or posts or roles within their faith communities in the UK as ministers of religion undertaking preaching and pastoral work, missionaries or members of religious orders.

· Sportsperson – for elite sports people and coaches who are internationally established at the highest level and will make a contribution to the development of their sport. Any application will need to be endorsed by your sport’s governing body.

· Intra company transfer – for multinational companies who are being transferred by the oversea employers to a UK branch of the organisation.
Tier 5 – Temporary WorkersSplit into six categories; creative and sporting, charity workers, religious workers, government authorised exchange, international agreement and youth mobility scheme.

· Creative and sporting – those coming to the UK to work or perform as sportspeople, entertainers, or creative artists for up to 12 months.

· Charity workers – coming to the UK to do voluntary (unpaid) work for charity. The work must be directly related to the work of your sponsor’s organisation.
· Religious workers – those coming into the UK to work temporarily as a religious worker.

· Government authorised exchange – people who are coming to the UK through an approved scheme that aim to share knowledge, experience and best practice and to experience the social and cultural life of the UK.

· International agreement – those coming into the UK under contract to do work that is covered under international law.

· Youth mobility scheme – for young people from participating countries and territories who want to come and experience life in the UK. There are an allocated number of spaces on this scheme for each county and territory.