Tel: 074 4096 9468
Request A Callback

Settling in the UK

After having legally lived in the UK for a certain length of time you may be eligible to apply for permission to settle in the UK “Indefinite leave to remainâ€?.

If you are a child of a UK citizen or a person who is already settled here the boarder agency are likely to give immediate permission to settle.

If you are currently in the UK, your right to settle will depend on your current immigration status. Call us to find out more about the options available to you.

Along with the above you will need to prove that you have knowledge of the language and life in the UK. This would usually involve passing the ‘Life in the UK’ test or taking and passing a course in English and Citizenship.

Partners and Families

Non-European nations can come to and remain in the UK as the partner, children or elderly dependent relative of people who are already in the UK or are coming to the UK under one of the other categories. This category can be split into 3 main sections:

  1. Family of British citizen and settled persons
  2. Family of migrant workers and students
  3. Family reunion for asylum seekers

Fiance(e) or proposed civil partners of a British citizen or settled person can also apply under this category. You must intend to get married or register your civil partnership within 6 months of arrival and settle together in the UK afterwards.


We provide expert advice on extending your current immigration stay. The requirements for extensions and the procedure for such an application will depend on your current immigration status and we will happily advise you of the options available. We will assist you from the start to end of the process and look forward to extending your stay in the UK.