Tel: 074 4096 9468
Request A Callback

Dissolution of a Civil Partnership

Dissolution of a civil partnership involves a similar procedure to ending a heterosexual marriage.  To dissolve a partnership, parties must have been in a civil partnership for more than one year.

The party who send the petition to Court will need to responsible for proving that the civil partnership has irretrievably broken down.  The person sending the petition to Court is known as the petitioner.  The petition will contain details including the date their entered into the civil partnership, the last address where they lived together as a couple, and whether or not there are any children in the family.

The procedure from this point is the same as that of a divorce.

For more information on the Dissolution of a Civil Partnerships, please contact one of our family solicitors.